Saturday, January 9, 2016

Reading Challenges

I'm 9 days late, but Happy New Year!

these cats know how to par-tay

As a book blogger, and just generally someone who loves books and reading, I've noticed the increasing popularity of reading challenges on other book blogs.  

I did one last year and found it fun to try to fit my books into the categories or to pick books based on the prompts.  It stretched me and helped me be intentional about my reading choices.  And, as I've said many times, I read more when I have a deadline and direction.  

This year, I'm participating in two.  One here and another one here.  I thought about pulling together my own but I don't think I'm quite ready for that...next year I might give it a try, though.  

I did pick a stack of books that I'm going to try to read this year:
and...drum roll please....

I'm looking forward to challenging year to grow as a reader and writer.  And, I'm looking forward to reading some things I've always meant to read.  

Do you have a list that you want to accomplish for 2016?  

No comments:

Post a Comment